Wowza GoCoder video broadcasting Android app
This article describes how to use the Wowza GoCoder encoding app on Android devices to publish live streams to a Wowza™ media server. Wowza GoCoder is a live audio and video encoding application designed for Android devices running Android 4.4 (API 19) or later. You can use Wowza GoCoder to capture and deliver live audio and video content over 4G, 3G, and Wi-Fi systems to a Wowza media server, which can then broadcast the content as HD-quality H.264 adaptive bitrate streams to any screen.
Wowza GoCoder™ is available in the Google Play store
you can publish live streams from Wowza GoCoder to Wowza Streaming Engine™ software.
If you’re running Wowza Streaming Engine Manager on your Android device that has the GoCoder app, you can automatically configure the app with the live application connection settings from the Sources (Live) page in the manager.
– Launch the Wowza GoCoder app on your Android device. An instructional overlay image is displayed on top of the application after it launches. The overlay provides a brief description of each of the app’s buttons. To dismiss it, tap anywhere on the screen.
– To specify the Wowza media server information, tap the Connect button (the Wowza gear icon) in the upper-right corner of the app.
– On the Connect To page, tap Wowza Streaming Engine.
The Engine page lets you provide information about the Host, Application, and Source Authentication.
A – Tap Host, enter Server and Port information, and then tap Back.
B – Tap Application, enter Application and Stream Name information, and then tap Back.
The above example shows what you should enter if your Wowza media server application name is live and your stream name is myStream.
C – Tap Login, enter the Source Username and Source Password, and then tap Done
The Source Username and Source Password are configured in the Source Authentication page in Streaming Pulse Control Panel.
– Specify encoding settings for video and audio. Tap the Video options button in the upper-right corner of the app to display the Options page.
For video streams, do the following:
A – Tap Stream, choose the recording type (video, audio, or both), and then tap Back.
B – Tap Video Settings, specify the Framerate and Keyframe Interval (number of seconds between keyframes), and then tap Back.
C – Tap Video Size, select a video size, tap Back, and then tap Done.
The available Video Size values will vary depending on device capabilities.
– To broadcast to the Wowza media server, tap the Encode button.
If everything is configured correctly, a broadcast timer begins to track the duration of the stream and and you’ll see the following message displayed in the app:
To stop the broadcast to the Wowza media server, tap the Encode button again.